1. This kit requires an OEM, deluxe 4-lever control panel (Not included).
2. This kit is designed for the original firewall and dash.
3. This kit includes TiteFit™ refrigerant lines that are routed through the core support, with the drier mounting behind. The kit may be upgraded to include our polished TiteFit™ lines and our popular polished ProLine compressor/alternator bracket.
4. If using a cross flow radiator, see Condenser Kit # 03455-VCC.
5. Some installations may require additional engine pulleys not included with kits. You must provide pulleys, V-belts, heater hoses and refrigerant.
6. When retaining the original 265 or 283 V8 engine, it may be necessary to upgrade the harmonic balancer and pulleys. You will also need to upgrade from the generator to an alternator.
7. SureFit™ systems may interfere with some OEM radios or in-dash speakers.
WARNING: California proposition 65
With no molded center vent, this kit allows the use of 4 individual louver locations.
56156-PCZ - 1955-56 Chevrolet Full-Size Gen IV SureFit™ Evaporator Kit with 4-Vent Plenum
The Gen IV is Vintage Air's most powerful and intelligent climate control system. The Gen IV uses an exclusive fully electronic microprocessor control system that eliminates cables or vacuum connections. Separate high-capacity copper parallel-flow heat coil and aluminum plate-and fin-cooling coils provide outstanding performance and instant temperature adjustments.
Additional features include variable blower speed and dash/floor/defrost blend.
**Evaporator kit includes the evaporator unit and mounting brackets, louvers (where required), duct hose, wiring harness, our patented Electronic Cable Converters, hardware and installation instructions.
- Fly-By-Wire fully electronic servo motor controls with no cables or capillary tube to route
- Infinite just-right-temperature air blending
- Infinite blower fan speed adjustment
- High-volume dehumidified defrost mode
- Separate high-capacity aluminum plate & fin cooling coil
- Copper/brass CuproBraze™ parallel-flow heater coil
- Mounts behind the dash
- Uses your factory system controls with our patented Electronic Cable Converters
- Flat steel firewall cover panel
- Replacement molded glove box (reduced capacity)