Vintage Air University
Complete Kits – Gen IV SureFit
96 155-PCU 1955-56 Chevy Complete Kit, Center Vent
96156-PCU 1955-56 Chevy 4-Vent Complete Kit (No molded center vent allows use of 4 individual louver locations)
961057 1957 Chevy Complete Kit, Center Vent
961058 1957 Chevy 4-Vent Complete Kit (No molded center vent allows use of 4 individual louver locations)
Evaporator Kits – Gen IV SureFit
56155-PCZ 1955-56 Chevy Evaporator Kit, Center Vent
56156-PCZ 1955-56 Chevy 4-Vent Evaporator Kit (No molded center vent allows use of 4 individual louver locations)
561057 1957 Chevy Evaporator Kit, Center Vent
561058 1957 Chevy 4-Vent Evaporator Kit (No molded center vent allows use of 4 individual louver locations)
NOTE: Above kits require OEM, deluxe 4-lever control panel. (Not included)
Gen IV Sure Fit TM System Features:
– Fly-By-Wire fully electronic servo motor controls with no cables or capillary tube to route.
– Infinite “just right temperature” air blending.
– Infinite blower fan speed adjustment (3-speed fan on ‘57).
– High-volume dehumidified defrost.
– Separate high-capacity aluminum plate &fin cooling coil.
– Copper/brass CuproBrazeTM parallel flow heater coil.
– Mounts behind the dash.
– Uses your factory system controls with our patented Electronic Cable Converters.
– Flat steel firewall cover panel (Stamped OEM style on ‘57).
– Replacement molded glove box (reduced capacity).
OEM ‘55-’56 Chevy deluxe control with supplied Electronic Cable ConvertersTM installed from our Gen IV kit
OEM ‘57 Chevy deluxe control with the supplied Electronic Cable ConvertersTM installed from our Gen IV kit
1. Our Tri-Five Chevy SureFit kits include TiteFit compressor hardlines. Lines are now rerouted through core support, and drier mounts behind.These kits may be upgraded to include our polished TiteFit line kit and our popular polished ProLine compressor /alternator bracket (See Pages 72 & 65).
2. If you are using a cross flow radiator see our condenser kit on Page 84.
3. Some installations may require additional engine pulleys not included with kits. You must provide pulleys, V-belts, heater hose and refrigerant. See Page 81 for Chevy pulleys.
4. If you are retaining the original 265 or 283 V8 engine in your car, you may need to upgrade the harmonic balancer and pulleys. You will need to upgrade from the generator to an alternator.
5. SureFit systems may interfere with some OEM radios or in-dash speakers.